Author Topic: Any gamers here? TEOTWAWKI game en-route!  (Read 595 times)

Offline DocZinn

Any gamers here? TEOTWAWKI game en-route!
« on: June 07, 2009, 04:48:30 PM »
Was at the E3 Expo this past week (that's where they debut all the new games and gaming stuff) and Kaos Studios has one in the works called Homefront. It's set in 2027 North America, under foreign occupation, and you fight as a member of the resistance. I don't play video-games much, but this one looked good enough to make me reconsider that. EXTREMELY realistic, from the graphics to the action. It starts with you waking up in a grow-house in a resistance stronghold, which soon gets attacked.

As I said, I don't play much (read: never), but if anyone here wants to know more, I'm sure there's plenty of info online by now.

Offline jaeger

• Ambassador of Goodwill
  • Forum Moderator
Re: Any gamers here? TEOTWAWKI game en-route!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 07:57:44 PM »
That does look cool. Here's a link for a Trailer
Quote from: NineseveN
Terrorists or tyranny. The Founders had terrorism in their time. Foreign agents, agent provocateurs, domestic dissidents, enemy nations, political assasinations and pretty much every other threat that we face now. Yet they rightly and most intelligently cast the most suspicious eye on government. Not only did they mistrust governments as institutions in general, they mistrusted the one they just put themselves in charge of.

Veritas Aequita

Offline Jason762

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 12:38:43 AM »
Storyline sounds good, but watching the trailer makes me not want to buy it.

Just another half life/far cry video game where you riddle your enemies with a full "clip" [sic] before they die.

Me, I'll stick to the Operation Flashpoint and ArmA series.  That's realism!  :thu:  Loved playing Operation Flashpoint: Resistance!

Jason

Offline DocZinn

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 12:41:29 AM »
you riddle your enemies with a full "clip" [sic] before they die.
I'm not so sure. I saw a demo (the games' chief developer playing) and if your first shots are accurate that's all you need.

Offline Beprepared

• Grammaton Cleric
  • Executive Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 08:34:22 AM »
Just another half life/far cry video game where you riddle your enemies with a full "clip" [sic] before they die.

Game engines have come a long way since Half-life/Quake. Anyone who playes the newer Call of Duty (and esp Modern Combat) will tell you that head shots and center of mass (with a large enough calibur) are often a one shot stopper. I think all trailers have the "no holds barred" action in them to make you want to rock n roll on the enemy.

Personally I like THQ games, the concept is decent enough for me, I'm in! :thu:
Lord, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be 'if only I had my gun'; and Lord if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. Amen.