Author Topic: Free Land: Build Your Homestead Without the Debt  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Beprepared

• Grammaton Cleric
  • Executive Member
Free Land: Build Your Homestead Without the Debt
« on: August 25, 2010, 09:52:20 AM »
Echoing the Homestead Act of 1862 which offered settlers ownership of up to 60 acres in exchange for (and after) farming it for five years, small towns looking to boost or stabilize population are giving away free housing lots. This practice, dubbed mini-homesteading, attracts residents and businesses to dwindling rural communities.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/happy-homesteader/free-land.aspx
Lord, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be 'if only I had my gun'; and Lord if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. Amen.

Offline NoGoyGunBoy

• Executive Member
  • Fat Man, or Little Boy?
Re: Free Land: Build Your Homestead Without the Debt
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 11:35:54 PM »
Free land in a failing town in the middle of Kansas doesn't appeal to me.  I'll be curious to see how successful these are.
You can wash it down with a cool glass of water, or you can have it inserted rectally--your choice.

But you WILL be taking the Red pill.

Offline gunsmith

• nope, I am not a real gunsmith, I'm terrible at it
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 11:49:19 PM »
can you get free land in AZ or NV?
"the quickest way to end a war is to lose it"
George Orwell

Offline vic303

• The Mad Reviewer
  • Professional Monkey Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 10:15:53 AM »
Man, if DH could get a position that was secure with Deathstar Inc in one of those areas we would snag as much contiguous land as they'd let us have!
The Monkeywrangler's Blog
Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?

Offline BaldDragn

• RABID BANNER
  • Forum Moderator
  • CAUTION: CONTENTS MAY BE UNSTABLE. DO NOT AGITATE
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 10:50:23 AM »
That's a good point Vic. Anybody that could do a "work from home" job could be in a good position to take advantage of this.
I died a FREE MAN! - this will be my epitaph, just not soon... hopefuly

In personal conduct be always polite but never obsequious. None will respect you more than you respect yourself. Avoid quarrels as long as you can without yielding to imposition. But sustain your manhood always. Never bring a suit in law for assault and battery or for defamation. The law affords no remedy for such outrages that can satisfy the feeling of a true man. Never wound the feelings of others. Never brook wanton outrage upon your own feelings. If you ever have to vindicate your feeling or defend your honor, do it calmly. If angry at first, wait till your wrath cools before you proceed. (Last words to Andrew Jackson from his Mother)